Monday, June 2, 2008

Knee it, Head it, Kick it, Boot it, But Don't Touch The Ball!




This post is really tardy, but hey better late than never right? Ashton signed up for soccer this year and while she was excited to play, it was always my dream to play soccer. Hey, you should be able to live through your kids some, as long as they're too young to know, right?! At first I wasn't sure she was loving it, but as the season went on she really excelled. She was nervous to kick the ball, but by her third game she was getting right in there. She never "got a score" but she got lot's of great kicks in and some very important assists!We are so proud of her for trying something new and working hard at it! Ethan can't wait to play next year and Mayse has been practicing her kicking for the future! The title is from the book Froggy Plays Soccer, which was the kids fav book during soccer season!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay!! I love soccer!! Ashton looks so cute! She almost looks like a miniature Becky out there! :)

Jen said...

I didn't know Ashton was playing soccer. How fun! Tell her congratulations. She looks like a pro already.

Mortimer Family said...

I understand the living through your kids thing...I mean we do have to help lead them, do we not? So why not introduce them to things that we love? Besides, they end up doing what they want to do in the end anyway...we just hope they'll be successful. :)

Courtney McKay said...

I am glad I finally got to your blog. I am sad I didn't make it to one of her games! I think it is great that we can live though our kids! And you never know they might really like the things we love!!

Melissa said...

Great job Ashton, I played soccer too and I was scared to but it was really fun. I wish we could play together. Miss you Addy